includes a floral consult to discuss the occasion, outfits, colors, etc for your haku lei order.
Haku lei are very popular for special occasions in Hawaii and we would love to share the joy in making them available in NJ as well! In Hawaii, they are gifted/worn for special occasions such as birthdays, graduation, weddings and ceremonies or for special portraits!
The proper Hawaiian name for a lei worn on the head is Lei Po'o while "haku lei" simply means to make lei. However, it's become common that when referring to a lei po'o, people will say haku or hakulei. Lei po'o can be made in several techniques and I use the wili style (twist method). This method uses much more foliage and florals than a western-style flower crown.
Instead of using only tropical foliage, I adapt accordingly to the local foliage and florals here in NJ to create a natural design rich with texture and colors.
Available in 2 sizes:
- 22" fits most adults
- 16" for most children
Based on seasonal availability. Designs shown are examples of past work. Your florals will be unique to you! Visit my instagram to see more haku!
For the Princeton, NJ area.
- Please allow 2 weeks advance notice.
- Please include the date you will need your flower crown/haku lei.
- Once your order is confirmed, we’ll reach out to you for next steps.
- Flower choices are at our discretion but rest assured they are designed with sensitivity for the most beautiful available florals based on the chosen style and palette.
- Delivery is available for an additional fee.
Photo Credit (L – R): T&C Photography, Baer Images Hawaii